The Programming and Communications intern works with the Public Engagement and Communications team to develop and support our programming, educational resources, and communications strategy in the US. This internship develops skills related to media and press outreach, community engagement, and program development, implementation, and evaluation. This position is appropriate for those interested in a career in journalism, film and media outreach, program development, public relations, and nonprofit management. It is also suitable for a person interested or passionate about Israeli and Palestinian culture and politics.
Interns joining Just Vision’s team will have front seat access to the inner workings of what it takes to launch and sustain major, multi-pronged and targeted media strategies geared towards increasing the visibility and power of grassroots leaders in Palestine and Israel. The ideal candidate has strong writing and research skills, is detail-oriented, and is passionate about driving attention to Palestinians and Israelis working to end the occupation and build a future that is just, equal, and free.
- Conduct research on influencer communities who can benefit from Just Vision’s programming including: policy, education, activism, and faith-based organizations
- Attend webinars or other online events and create summary reports
- Conduct research related to ongoing and upcoming projects
- Research social media and newsletter best practices for non-profits
- Conduct research and update information on prospective film festivals, conferences, events, and partnerships that will strengthen Just Vision’s engagement and outreach
- Develop and maintain contact lists for Just Vision’s key constituency groups, including updating information in our contact databases
- Run monthly social media analytics reports for all channels
- Assist with tracking and reporting on past events, including data input from signup sheets
- Assist with creating announcements for upcoming screenings and other events
- Lend support in developing event reports and monthly digests to share with Just Vision team
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written English language abilities
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Ability to take responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress within self-managed projects
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills, particularly within Word and Excel
- Experience with social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Knowledge of social media marketing and analytics a plus
- Familiarity with Constant Contact and Salesforce is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge and interest in Israel, Palestine, or social movements is a plus
To apply, please send a letter of interest, CV/resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com with subject line “Programming and Communications Intern”. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Position is open until filled. Remote interns will be considered, but given our working hours, interns should be based in the US. Applicants must be available to work 15-20 hours per week.